Herne Bay FC v Dover Athletic

Dover suffered a first defeat in pre-season at the Isthmian League side on Tuesday.
Manager Andy Hessenthaler made a number of changes as he continued to give players the minutes they need before the season starts. Akheem Rose was one of the players to start after signing for the club on Monday.
Herne Bay started strongest and took the lead early on when a free kick from Tom Carlton found the head of Bola who nodded home.
Despite going behind, Dover looked to respond and almost did from a whipped free kick which was headed wide.
However, Dover did equalise shortly after when a corner found its way through to TJ Bramble who was able to slot the ball home, scoring his first goal for the club.
The Bay would retake the lead on the stroke of half time through Zak Ansah who was able to curl his shot into the bottom corner.
Despite Dover trying to get back into the game, a brilliant strike with 20 minutes to go sealed the victory for Herne Bay through Mo Kamara who picked the ball up from outside the box and fired it past substitute goalkeeper Josh Bexon.
Whites continued to try and get back into the game late on and almost did when a trialist was denied from point blank range by the Herne Bay goalkeeper.

Herne Bay FC v Dover Athletic

TYRONE Marsh’s second goal of the season secured Dover a place in the Kent Reliance Senior Cup quarter-finals after a 1-0 win at Ryman League, Division 1 South side Herne Bay on Monday night.

The striker’s stunning strike just before half-time saw boss Chris Kinnear’s side through and earn a home tie with Ryman League North VCD Athletic.

The clash with VCD, who ended Gillingham’s hopes in the last round following a 3-2 win, will be played on a date to be arranged.

Kinnear named a strong side for the second round tie at a bitterly cold Winch’s Field and his starting side, which was captained by Loui Fazakerley, included new loan signing Connor Essam.

The five substitutes were all Academy members.

Dover had the first attempt of the night with Jim Stevenson seeing his shot comfortably saved by Jack Delo in the eighth minute.

The hosts forced a couple of corners before Delo was called into action again to save from Marsh and Stevenson.

Joe Healy, making his first start since arriving from Maidstone United, fired well wide before seeing his header from Marsh’s cross cleared off the line.

Marsh eventually broke the deadlock five minutes before half-time, firing past Delo from distance.

Healy had a goal disallowed just after the break before Herne Bay hit the woodwork.

Marsh tested Delo twice before Academy youngster, midfielder Chris Barnard, saw his effort charged down after being put clear by Marsh.

Barnard rounded the advancing Delo with five minutes to go but a defender cleared the danger.

The last chance of the night went to Herne Bay with Mitch Walker saving a close-range header.